Friday, May 7, 2010

Another week has come and gone!  There never seems to be enough hours in the day!  Still doing laundry...

Terry is doing ok.  He's still pretty quiet.  Once in a while he'll come out with a sentence.  In fact, he did this morning, uh guess that would be yesterday morning, now.  He has a new Occupational Therapist that started yesterday.  It's a man, and Terry spoke to him.  I've always thought he would respond better to a man, with his Air Force background.  I'm excited about the goals they've set for him.  This guy is going to concentrate on strengthening Terry's core muscles.  He had him sit on the side of the bed and held on to his shoulder for a few minutes until he was sure Terry was balanced.  Then he had him put his hands between his knees and lean slightly forward.  That caused Terry to support himself.  (I usually have him hold onto the side of the mattress and I lean against him so he won't fall.  So I've enabled him to be supported rather than use his own muscles.  I learn something new every time they work with him.)

In the morning, Friday, we get the new electric lift.  I'll be glad to have it.  Hopefully it'll be a lot easier on my arms and shoulders. :)

We miss William!  When he was here Terry "stood up" every day.  I'll be glad when he gets back.  I know Terry misses his walks.  William should be back the middle of next week.

One other thing...Terry's left hand and wrist are swollen and hurt to move.  The nurse thinks he just bent it when he slept, so I got him a brace for it.  He keeps looking at it like he's trying to figure out what it is.  The swelling has already gone down a lot.  Hopefully it'll be fine in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment