Thursday, September 9, 2010

Today has been an eventful day!

Terry didn't sleep much at all last night.  In fact he talked a lot!  He had a lot of pain and said phrases between moans.  It was sad and exciting at the same time.

This morning, after giving him his bath, soaking his feet and trimming his fingernails, (yep! the spa treatment for Terry) we got him in a wheel chair and off we went!

First we roamed the halls, then sat in the waiting room for a while and looked out the window.  Then downstairs to look around a while and slip out the front door!  He enjoyed being outside so much!  He's always loved sunlight.

He took a short nap when we got back to the room.  And around 2pm they came to take him down for surgery.  Everything went fine.  He now has a PEG tube in his tummy for feeding.  I know it sounds terrible, but I'm thankful for it.  He hasn't been eating enough and finally he'll get the nutrition he needs.

He's been pretty alert since he came back up...dozing off and on.  Right now as I type this he's watching tv patiently waiting for pain meds....still wish we knew where he hurts.

Again, thank you all so much for your prayers, your words of encouragement and just your concern.

Hope you enjoy seeing the pictures of him that I've added.  I never tire of taking them. :)
He's just so cute!  (Did I say that before?) ;)

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Deborah,

    I just wanted to tell you that ya'll are in my prayers!!! Thank you for keeping us updated. Give Uncle Terry a hug from all of us.

    Love to you both,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete